What I like about being a MedTech is that you get to have free laboratory tests. Your family can also benefit these tests at 0 costs. That is, if you're only an employee to a hospital or have a close friend or relative who works in the lab.
During my internship days, what me and my co-interns do in our duties is that, we try to read our own specimens. Urinalysis. Fecalysis (errr.). Blood exams. We do this not just to enhance our skills in laboratory works but also to find out if there are some abnormalities in our body. And fortunately we all turn out clean. YEY!
1 year of internship in 2 hospitals, I made alot of friends with our senior staffs. And everytime my mom has to make some lab tests, I try to ask them if they can process it (without payment k.) and they would gladly do it without asking anything.
One time, my brother had to do some chem exams. I didn't bother seeking the help of a friend in this lab. So we paid like 600 pesos for 3 tests. When my friend saw me, she just said, "bat d mo ko tinawag? ang arte arte mo!". hahahha ang kulit!
I'm a bit pleased 'cause I took this course. I learned alot of things academically and socially. But on the other hand, I still don't see myself pursuing this profession. Sorry papa
.
No comments:
Post a Comment