We have a tradition here in the Philippines where in every Halloween time, we light a candle outside our houses and offer foods to an altar. We do these to pay respect for our loved ones who already passed away. Filipinos believed that even spirit come to visit their families who they left in this world. We offer foods because we believe that even spirits get hungry in the middle of their. So they have to eat when they arrive at their destination.
One elemental thing that proves that the spirits have come is when a butterfly visits your home.
And awhile ago when I went outside to see what my mom was doing, a butterfly was flying along my way. It was a big brown butterfly. I told my mom about it and she said that there were two of them. I didn't see the other one but I know that my long lost loved ones are here now. To visit us.
I don't wanna get too emotional about this because I truly missed my lola. And seeing my mom's tears awhile ago while she lights the candles was like pricking a needle in my heart...
No comments:
Post a Comment