Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is such a good movie. Very inspiring.

I never thought that it can happen in real life.

I've only seen this kind of story in movies. Like, the classic movie- To Sir with Love, and the one that Michelle Pfeiffer stared on- Dangerous Minds (I’m not sure though if this too was a true story, but I really liked it).

What I loved about this film was its theme...

TASTE FOR CHANGE.

And yes. The story was all about CHANGE. In a good way of course.

From cynical, juvenile delinquent students to the best students throughout their entire high school year.

With the help of one person. Ms. G.

Her being a newbie for teaching doesn’t stopped her from teaching 150 “special-kind-of-students”. Special for they were the most outrageous students on their school. And their class were the most notorious ones in high school. Many don’t believe in them. Many don’t bother to understand these kids has gone through. Many don’t give them respect. Many don’t give a damn

But Ms. G did. She was the only ONE did. She valued and respected her students despite their bad reputation. She never neglected them. She did not give up on them. She had become their HERO.

She taught them to use pen and papers instead of guns. She instilled in them the value of thinking first before attacking. And it's a smart way to teach her students.

In the end, because they accepted change in their lives… They all got the respect they deserve…

No comments: