Before, I was pretty much very conscious about my own hair. I have this naturally thick brown wavy hair. Kinda like goldilocks kind of hair type. But as a kid, I am very much clueless on how to maintain a clean and neat look because at times my hair tend to be very buhaghag especially when the humidity outside isn't very pleasing. Growing up, I was very envious of those pretty girls who has this pretty hair. Long straight hair. And I've been longing to be like them. So one day, when my mom and I visited a friends salon, this idea just pop up in my mind and I asked my mom if I could have my hair get straightened. At first she and the owner of the salon didn't agree because for them I was too young (I was 12 or 13 haha) plus my mom is a big fan of "all natural beauty". But I was really furious in having a straight hair that in the end they got no choice but to say yes.
I was happy after that. Actually, the result was amazing. Because if you don't know me and when you see me for the first time you'll think that I have a natural straight hair. There's no tinge of a beauty parlor touch hahaha.
My aunt suggested that I go to this particular salon which gives the best straightening treatment. So I did and she was right. I was satisfied. So every after 6 months I always come by to that salon to have my hair get treated to avoid any visible curls.
But when college came, everything changed. I noticed that my hair started FALLING. At first I thought it was just normal for people to have falling hair. But it came to a point that the falling was severe. Infact I can make a bun out of it. The thinning of my hair was so severe that I almost got bald. Well people can't see it because it's covered by my long hair but of course I can easily feel my scalp when I touch it. That added to my frustrations. People started noticing and asking me questions like "d ba makapal buhok mo? ba't parang numinipis?" or when I go to the salon to have it treated the beautician is like "naglalagas ba buhok mo? ang daming nataanggal e." It felt very bad on my part. It was so embarassing.
So I decided not to let any salon touch my hair for 1 year. Then 2 years. The curl is coming out but I didn't care. It's time to treat my hair the respect it needs. Last year I decided that its time to trim it down. It's time to say bye bye to the traces of straight hair b'coz the curl is back. Funnily, last year was all about the curly trend. And I've wanted to curl my hair like those celebrities have. Coincidentally, when the salon guy (should I say gay) cut my hair, it resulted back to my normal hair again. But this time, I was more than happy than having a straight hair because, the curl I wanted manifested and people are like, "did you curl you hair? I want to have a curly hair like yours." ahahaha...
So for now, I am so contented with my long curly hair. And if ugly days come, wth, I don't care. Our hair is our crowning glory so good or bad days we should learn to respect and love it. I've learned my lessons, so no more na! hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment