Sunday, August 16, 2009

Love of God is Stronger than temptation

How many times have I said that I will lessen my time to play around with my computer?
: I dunno the answer to that myself. I lost count already.

How bout not to eat junk foods anymore?
: I don't know either.

How about..... I will smoothen out my relationship with the people to whom I have grudges on?
: about a million times maybe?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF PUTTING RESTRICTIONS IN MY LIFE. OR PLANNING SOMETHING THEN NOT ABLE TO STICK WITH IT.

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that I do."
- Romans 7:15

In short whatever it is I don't want it's what I do.

These verse really is amazing. I thought to myself, "Oh Ruby this defines your now."

Before, I always blame God for all the chaos that's been going on in my life. I have been always complaining. I pitied myself for not having a good life like other girls have. Or not being able to be loved by other people. Now, after being able to have been known about God (thru our church), I view things lightly. I believe now that whatever it is that's been going on in our lives- no matter how bad or good it is, everything was in God's plan. He gives us trials to mold us to become strong. Gave us temptations to enable us to learn how to runaway from it. Then tests us on how much faith we have in him to give him a call for help so that we can easily let loose from it.

But for me, the biggest problem we people have to face is TEMPTATION.

Everything we see in our surrounding is a BIG TEMPTATION. Even people can be a major enticement.

According to our pastor's sermon this morning. Temptation can be:

1. Timed. We always forget about God. Specifically when we are too busy with our own selfishness. Like computers or dates with boyfriend/s or girlfriend/s. We don't give out even just a little of our time to know about God. Not even on his day. Which is SUNDAY. 2. Strong. of course a direct approach. It's really hard to resist when it's there infront of us. It's like a magnet. It pulls us. 3. Persistent. Very stubborn like a little kid. It's a continuous process. One that never ends. 4. Available. 24/7. Whether our eyes are open or close. It's always there. Ready to eat us specially at our time of vulnerability. 5. Damaging. True Fact! it kills us mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Most of all we sin AGAINST GOD.

So how can we avoid or let our selves be free from it?

1. Anticipate it.
-> know yourself and your enemies. Be aware of what your situation is. Think and act wisely. AND ALWAYS KEEP GOD's WORDS WITHIN YOU. Feed yourself with his teachings. How? read the bible. When we wake up in the morning before we start our day and before we end our night.
2. Accept Responsibility.
-> First and foremost TO GOD, FOR GOD and FROM GOD. Let us delight everything for him. And of course take on your responsibilities to your family and friends.
3. Avoid it.
-> how? RUN AWAY FROM IT. If you are in a peers of alcoholics or drug users, instead of joining them, turn your back and run away from it. You can never get out when you always join the wrong side. God did not gave us problems in our lives if we can't handle it.
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
- 1 Corinthians 10:13

4. Ask for God's help.
-> Simply by PRAYING. If the US has 911, God has it's own lifeline too.
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
- Jeremiah 33:3
P.S.

  • I am lovin' my new heart necklace.
  • Shout out to my cousin Cocoy: Happy birthday!
  • I am now a new fan of Shantea Mac. Know as Luvableviet on youtube lol. She is just so pretty and inspiring. Plus any girl can learn alot from her.

No comments: