If there’s something I learned from being a Christian, it’s this:
Failure should not be the basis of ending your goals in life.
Each and every one of us has his/her own ups and downs in life. And surely it can be resulted to a major happiness or major frustrations and depressions.
Last week, I got another huge disappointment. Not just for myself, but also to my parents. If I had not known about our church and the teachings about God’s words, I might have been so cold to everything and everyone around me. I might be locking myself up in my room again and not be able to share even just a little smile to someone.
But since I am now what you call a follower of God, that “disappointment” doesn’t have any impact on me anymore. Of course, I got sadden by that, but the next day after I heard that bad news, I was ok again. Like nothing happened at all.
Every time I go down from my room, my parents would ask me, “Are you ok?” “Don’t worry about it. You still have another try/chance next time.”
And surprisingly, my response to them is, “I’m ok. Life is too beautiful to just be affected by it.”
Actually, I am more than ok. I am satisfied with my life and what I have right now. Even after that news. I am happy.
Our Evangelist was right. Failing is something we should use to motivate ourselves. To help keep us on the move upon reaching our ambitions in life.
As cliche as it may sound, no matter how many times we fall/stumble/crash/collapse, we should all learn how to stand. Because we are not alone in our journeys and battles in life. We have a companion that’s been guiding us all through out. We may not be able to see him, but he’s just there, ready to give us a helping hand so we can continuously walk with the path/ destinations we wanted to get to. Just keep your faith alive and believe in yourself and in that invisible friend of ours.
My testimony to our fellowship after the Sunday sermon was this:
“ If ever I got the reverse. Let’s say I received a good news instead of a bad news, it’s just one of God’s big reward or blessing for me. But since I didn’t, it’s fine. The almighty will still shower me with alot of blessing no matter what (big or small). I should move forward and not dwell in it. God has a purpose to every failure I get in my life.”
Believe me. I was wowed by those words. I cannot believe that I would actually (or can!) say something like that. There was this “emf” all around me. While I was talking, And while I was sharing it to my churchmates. Like, for the first time I was actually PROUD of myself.
So yeah. Let us all embrace our failures and imperfections in life and make it into all POSITIVITY.
No comments:
Post a Comment